Proper sod installation is essential to ensure that you have a healthy and vibrant lawn. We are experts in sod installation after installing hundreds of hundreds in the Central Valley.
Here are the steps to properly installing new sod in your yard that we take care of:
1. Soil Preparation: Remove any weeds, rocks, existing grass, etc. from the area where you plan to install the sod.
2. Grading: Ensure the area is properly graded to prevent water from pooling or running off. It should slope away from your home.
3. Irrigation: Install an irrigation system or make sure you have a functional sprinkler system in place to provide consistent water to the newly installed sod.
4. Installation: Roll the sod with a lawn roller to ensure good soil-to-sod contact, which helps with root establishment.
5. Fertilization: Apply a fertilizer to help promote root growth and establish the sod.